Popular Posts

Friday, August 7, 2009

Getting Started

A luxury hourglass corset from 1878. It featur...Image via Wikipedia

I have just developed an, increasingly expensive, interest in corsets and corsetry. The more interested I get the more I realize that there are very few places to talk about and to learn more about corsets today. There are plenty of places to find out about the history of corsets, which I will touch on from time to time but mostly I want to talk about wearing and making corsets today.

For me this all started about a month ago when I decided to try a corset for my recurring back pain. I decided that if I had to wear a back brace I might as well wear a pretty one so I ordered a pretty black satin one off the rack . I know that to get a properly fitted one you should have it custom made but at the time I didn't have $350.00 lying around actually I still don't but that's another story.

So my corset came and I have been wearing it for about two weeks now and it is wonderful First let me say that I am not fat by traditional standards, I am a size 8 American with a decent figure but when I wear my corset I have one of those amazing hourglass figures that you see in old movies, I am not kidding it totally transforms my figure and my attitude. I just feel sexier knowing I am wearing it, plus my posture is better and as an added benifit it actually helps my back lol.

That is the story of how I got here now I can't wait to get more corsets, I have been searching website after website trying to learn as much as I can about corsets how they help, how they can hurt you, how to make them what are the best materials and so on. So after saying all that my next step is going to be making my very own custom corset, as the weeks go by I will keep writing about all the pitfalls and triumphs I have while making my new corsets.If I can help anyone else please let me know, or if anyone has any advice please let me know, I could use the help.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: